Charlie loved walkers starting around 10 months of age. Walkers definitely helped him develop the balancing skills he needed to take his first steps just before his first birthday, and eventually start walking at 13 months.
1. Radio Flyer Classic Walker Wagon – This walker is great because it has some heft to it, so it’s not likely to tip over. Charlie also loved riding in the wagon, and eventually pushing his toys in it too!
2. Plan Toy Walker – Many parents prefer high quality wood toys, and this walker is a parent favorite. It comes with 24 blocks, and has two adjustable heights.
3. Little Tikes Shopping Cart – This isn’t technically a walker, but it was certainly Charlie’s first and favorite walker toy. Long after your toddler has mastered walking, the shopping cart has a second life as a toy to play market!
4. Chicco DJ Baby Walker – A lot of parents are against this type of walker, citing that they’re dangerous and babies can fall down stairs. I take everything with a grain of salt and personally would have no qualms about putting my baby in a walker like this as long as she were supervised. A lot of my friends have this walker and love it!
5. Ikea Ekorre Walker – At $15, this is the most affordable walker on our guide. Here’s a little secret - toddlers who want to walk aren’t that picky about walkers. :-)
6. Haba Walker Wagon – At $144, this is the priciest walker on our guide. This wooden walker is very sturdy, features rubber wheels and is built with the quality parents expect from Haba products.
7. Melissa and Doug Chomp and Clack Alligator Push Toy – This was probably Charlie’s second favorite walker because the alligators’ mouths chomp up and down as you push the walker.
Did your baby have a favorite walker?
Toys for Toddlers part 6 of 71. Charlie's Favorite Toys 12 Months+ by Guides
2. Charlie's Favorite Toys 18 Months+ by Guides
3. Gift Ideas for 2nd Birthdays by Guides
4. What We’re Playing With Right Now (15 months) by Mrs. Stroller
5. Cool gifts for the wheel-obsessed toddler by Mrs. Yoyo
6. Best Walkers by Guides
7. Charlie's Favorite Toys 9 Months + by Guides