Now that I’m almost into my third trimester, I’m phasing out more and more of my non-maternity clothing and getting used to dressing my new shape. Here are some of my favorite things to wear lately!
1) Tunics – I have this one in grey and love wearing it with leggings, boots, and a belt over the belly. It’s comfortable, cute, and appropriate for work!
2) Low-rise pants – These have been great for transitioning from the first trimester all the way through the third. I can easily see myself wearing them after the baby is born, too. They look like regular draw string pants to me!
3) Long tees – I love wearing this with skinny jeans and flats. I wore this top on Christmas and was so comfortable all day!
4) Side-rouched sweaters/tops – Once I really started showing, I found that I felt my best when I wore more form-fitting clothes that showed off the bump, rather than looser clothing that camouflaged it. The side rouching on many maternity tops and sweaters is perfect for highlighting that cute baby bump.
5) Seamless camisoles – I have two of these, one in black and one in white, and I wear them under every single shirt and even some dresses. It smooths out any bumps or bulges and covers the top of my pants so I don’t worry about people seeing that ugly elastic waistband.
6) Wireless bras – I’ve always been very small on top, so pregnancy has been very interesting for me in that respect. These cotton wireless bras (in a size I can’t believe actually fits me) are so comfortable and look great under clothes. They’re not the sexiest things ever, but I suppose Mr. TTT and I will have to get used to that now!
7) Cotton underwear- I’ve worn thong underwear for more than ten years, but I’ve noticed that they’re losing their appeal lately, so I just got some new hiphugger brief ones that are so comfortable. I like the lace waist of these because they lay flat and don’t dig into my skin.
8) Full-panel skinny jeans – I’m not a big fan of jeggings, but these skinny jeans are on trend without being skin tight. I went through the first two trimesters with only low rise pants, but now I’m liking the full panel style much better.
9) Dresses – I have this one in green and get so many compliments on it! I love that it ties in back to give some definition above the belly, and it’s long enough that I don’t feel like I’m showing too much leg. I think I’m going to wear this dress for one of my showers.
10) Riding boots – I’ve never been big on wearing heels on a daily basis, but I’ve avoided them even more since I’ve been pregnant. I love tall flat boots over jeans, leggings, or tights. Versatile, fashionable, and comfortable. Yes please.
11) Tights – I have a black and a brown pair and, while they’re not the most comfortable thing in the world, they do make dressing up in the winter much easier.
12) Ballet flats – In Southern California, we can get away with not wearing socks almost every day of the year, so ballet flats have been great, even in the winter.
13) Skinny belts – I like to wear them over a dress or tunic higher than my natural waist to accentuate my growing belly. I’ve been able to get a lot of wear out of some larger non maternity dresses with this technique. Then, once I get my waist back, I can wear the same dresses with the belt at my waist!
14, 15, 17 – Accessories – Just because I’m pregnant doesn’t mean I can’t be stylish. One of the easiest ways to add personality to an outfit is with scarves, jewelry, bags, and other accessories. I like to play with color to make an old outfit feel new again!
16) Sneakers – I wear my chucks almost every Friday to work and throughout most weekends. I have a pair of maroon ones now, but I have my eye on these green ones… My birthday is in March… hint hint Mr. TTT. ;)
What are your maternity must-haves?
Mrs. Tic Tac Toe’s Visual Gear Guides part 5 of 101. Our Registry: Gear by mrs. tictactoe
2. Our Registry: Activity by mrs. tictactoe
3. Our Registry: Eat, Sleep, Poop by mrs. tictactoe
4. Our Registry: Furniture, Decor, and Clothing by mrs. tictactoe
5. Maternity Must-Haves by mrs. tictactoe
6. What's in our Hospital Bags by mrs. tictactoe
7. The Essentials: Newborn Edition by mrs. tictactoe
8. What's in my diaper bag by mrs. tictactoe
9. The Essentials - 6 Month Edition by mrs. tictactoe
10. Clothes for the Working and Nursing Mom by mrs. tictactoe
Maternity Style part 8 of 91. Maternity Clothing Stores by Guides
2. Affordable Stylish Maternity To Get You Through Fall by Brandy @ Heart & Habit
3. 5 Summer Non-Maternity, Maternity Items by Brandy @ Heart & Habit
4. Maternity Work Wardrobe: What's Worth It by Mrs. Tricycle
5. DIY Maternity: Adding An Empire Waist by Mrs. Tricycle
6. The Awkward Bump: Dressing My Spare Tire by Mrs. Tricycle
7. Favorite Maternity Clothes by Mrs. Hopscotch
8. Maternity Must-Haves by mrs. tictactoe
9. Maternity Clothing Essentials by Guides