I’m lucky enough that I’ve had three baby showers: one in my hometown thrown by my aunts, one held locally thrown by my mom and friends, and one at work thrown by my department. For the first two, I was a bit involved in the planning process and got to have input on the decor and activities. For the hometown shower, I came up with an idea to have guests paint canvases that I could hang in the nursery for some easy, inexpensive, personal artwork. My mom and I bought value packs of canvases and acrylic paint from Michael’s and brought them with us. We set up a table outside and after eating lunch, we had some fun with paint!
When they were done, we laid them out to dry.
Then, I wrote the artist’s name on the bottom of each with black sharpie, including the relationship to baby TTT. For example, mine said “Mommy” and my mom’s said “Grammy.”
When I brought them home, we bought a few more canvases so that some other people who weren’t at the shower could paint a canvas. Then Mr. TTT hung them all up in a grid. This was quite a process, as the canvases weren’t perfectly even or identical, but he figured it out.
It’s bright, colorful, and so fun! The changing table/dresser is right under this, and I know baby TTT will love looking up at what those nearest and dearest have created for him.
Have you done any unusual activities at a baby shower? Would you ever consider doing something like this?
Hellobee Series: Mrs. Tic Tac Toe part 7 of 131. Bump Photos So Far by mrs. tictactoe
2. Gender Reveal by mrs. tictactoe
3. Our Birth Plan by mrs. tictactoe
4. Placenta Encapsulation by mrs. tictactoe
5. Maternity Photo Session by mrs. tictactoe
6. Baby Blue Book Shower by mrs. tictactoe
7. Shower Activity: Nursery Art by mrs. tictactoe
8. Measuring Up by mrs. tictactoe
9. Liam's Nursery: After by mrs. tictactoe
10. Why we fired our pediatrician by mrs. tictactoe
11. DITL: Newborn Edition by mrs. tictactoe
12. I'm better as a mom by mrs. tictactoe
13. Typical Day of a WOHM: Six Month Edition by mrs. tictactoe