I first read about learning towers on a blog long before I had Charlie or Olive. The mom of two said that it was the best thing she ever purchased for her kids because it enabled them to help in the kitchen safely, and it kept them occupied while she prepared meals. I filed that in the back of my mind for when I had kids of my own one day.
Charlie is now 27 months old, and I’ve been thinking about getting him a learning tower for some time. He constantly asks us to pick him up when he’s in the kitchen, since there’s always a lot going on in there. But I always keep him out of the kitchen when I’m using the stove because I’m afraid he’s going to get hurt. Charlie loves “helping” us with household chores like the laundry and dishes, and a learning tower would allow him to participate safely!
2) Little Helper Funpod from Luca and Company ($164 – $190) – Available in white, red, natural or black, the Funpod has 5 adjustable heights and is designed for kids ages 1-5. What I like about the Funpod is that kids can’t get out of it themselves, so it keeps younger ones away from the stove.
3) Learning Tower from Little Partners ($200) – Available in 9 different colors, the Learning Tower is designed for children 18 months and up. It has 4 adjustable heights, a sturdy construction that can hold up to 500 pounds, and is probably the most popular learning tower available.
4) DIY Learning Tower from Ana White – The fabulous Ana White has a fantastic tutorial for building your own learning tower!
5) Kitchen Helper from Guidecraft ($127.88) – This learning tower is the most affordable one on our guide. It folds up, has three adjustable heights, is designed for kids 3+, and has a maximum weight of 125 pounds. The only reason I prefer the one from One Step Ahead is that it looks sturdier and has better reviews.
Would you consider getting a learning tower for your child?
Gear Guides part 12 of 141. Best Stylish High Chairs by Guides
2. Sleep Sacks by Guides
3. Best Baby Slings by Guides
4. Mrs. Bee's Favorite Cleaning Products by Guides
5. Best Potties by Guides
6. Best Soft Structured Carriers by Guides
7. Best Swaddle Blankets by Guides
8. Potty Training Accessories by Guides
9. Best Teethers by Guides
10. Sleep Training Books by Guides
11. Best Baby Bathtubs by Guides
12. Learning Towers by Guides
13. Bibs for Every Occasion by Guides
14. Best Hand Creams by Guides