This past Saturday, Mr. Bee and I took Charlie and Olive on an all-day outing. While Olive took her morning nap, I went about packing all the things we'd need for the day, including a picnic lunch, and it took me a full hour! Every weekend I find myself scrambling to make sure that we have everything we need in our diaper bag and stroller before we go out the door, because you need a lot of gear when you have two kids. Invariably I always forget at least one thing because we use a different stroller and diaper bag on the weekends.
To streamline the process, I decided to create a Diaper Bag Packing Checklist to stick in my Home Management Binder (an ongoing project... I'm obsessed!). This will make sure that I don't forget anything anymore!
A while back I saw this great idea on Pinterest where you premake bags of kid items organized by category and placed into clear bags. I already do this for our changing items and first aid kit with ziploc bags, but I think I'm going to have to create a restaurant bag that contains disposable placemats, as well as some small toys to keep Charlie and Olive entertained. Then when we're going out to eat, I can just grab the restaurant bag and go.
This is another smart idea I saw on Pinterest -- create premade go bags with the absolute essentials like a diaper, wipes, and onesie. Since we're usually a couple of blocks from home and only use a diaper bag on the weekends, I don't think we'd need to do this. But I think it might be a time saver when making short trips or quickly restocking a diaper bag.
Do you have a method for keeping your diaper bag organized and stocked?
Inside The Bees’ Diaper Bags part 1 of 171. Organizing Your Diaper Bag by Mrs. Bee
2. Packing Your Diaper Bag by Checklists
3. Mrs. Jump Rope's Diaper Bag by Mrs. Jump Rope
4. My Bag of Tricks by Mrs. Tea
5. Mrs. Yoyo's Diaper Bag by Mrs. Yoyo
6. What's in My Purse Today? by Mrs. Sketchbook
7. What's in my diaper bag by mrs. tictactoe
8. Diaper Bag for a Young Toddler by mrs. tictactoe
9. Mrs Superhero's Diaper Bag by Mrs. Superhero
10. Mrs. Bee's Diaper Bag by Mrs. Bee
11. Mrs Bee's Diaper Bag by Mrs. Bee
12. Mrs. High Heels' Diaper Bag for Two by Mrs. High Heels
13. What's in My Diaper Bag: potty trained toddler + infant by mrs. wagon
14. What's in My Diaper Bag: Toddler Edition by Mrs. Jump Rope
15. What is (and isn't) in my diaper bag by Mrs. Confetti
16. What’s in My Diaper Bag – Toddler Edition by Mrs. Stroller
17. Mrs. Marker's Diaper Bag by Mrs. Markers