I created some candy lights for Christmas last year, and thought these lollipop balloons would be a perfect pairing. They could also be used for a birthday party. And like all the best DIYs, these are a cinch to make and could even be made by kids.
Materials: balloons, cellophane, dowels, paintbrush, scissors, black tape, white paint, string
Step 1: Paint the dowels white and let them dry thoroughly.
Step 2: Wrap the black tape around the top of the dowel and then continue wrapping down until the end.
Step 3: Blow up the balloons.
Step 4: Tape around the end of the balloon to the top of the dowel.
Step 5: Cut a square piece of cellophane large enough to wrap around the balloon and gather at the bottom. Secure the wrapped cellophane with a piece of string and cut off the ends. Fluff the cellophane a bit to give it some shape.
Easy peasy! Just stick them into the ground and you’re ready to go!
photography and DIY by Brittany Watson Jepsen of The House That Lars Built
Parties part 16 of 161. DIY Smash Cake by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
2. DIY Felt Crown by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
3. DIY Personalized Crowns by Brittany @ The House That Lars Built
4. DIY Chalkboard Crown by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
5. DIY Magic Wand by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
6. DIY Wand by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
7. DIY Mini Party Tent by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
8. DIY Felt Birthday Bunting by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
9. DIY crepe paper fringe chandeliers by Caroline @ Armelle Blog
10. party tassel garland by Caroline @ Armelle Blog
11. Balloon Birthday Invitation by DIY
12. DIY Watercolor Invitations by Caroline @ Armelle Blog
13. DIY Animal Favor Boxes by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
14. Custom Print on Paper Bags by Caroline @ Armelle Blog
15. DIY Clown Cupcake Toppers by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
16. Lollipop Balloons by Brittany @ The House That Lars Built