A great way to incorporate your color scheme is to paint some details of your party to match. A huge trend lately are little plastic animals. Painted and usually attached to various things, these cheap toys are modern and fun. Use them at your next shower or birthday party as favor box toppers. Fill the boxes with cookies, crayons or trinkets and let these adorable little boxes bring some fun to the party.
You will need:
craft paint or spray paint
Choose animals that sit flat on the box. Some work well with two feet, but usually it is best to use four feet that are flat. Lay out all of your lids and animals outside on a board or sheet. Spray with two even light coats, letting dry between the coats. For the animals, you will let one side dry, flip and spray the other side. Feel free to paint the bottoms to match, too. I chose navy boxes so I could use the base as another color, with less work.
Once dry, pour out a small spot of paint on a dish and start painting the animals on the bottom. Flip and paint the tops of the animals. Paint the tops of the boxes. Let dry and repeat a coat or two for even coverage. Let dry.
Add a small drop of glue to the bottoms of each of the feet. Press onto the box top and hold for 30 seconds (or according to the directions on the glue.) Repeat for remaining boxes. Let dry and paint over any visible glue if necessary.
Fill the boxes with treats and set out for your next party. These would even be adorable for a baby shower. Choose animals to fit with the theme — think unicorns, woodland creatures, or even butterflies! These will be wonderful for your little guests to reuse for their special collections. My boys collect “fancy” rocks from our gravel walkway in the back yard. Do your littles collect anything yet?
Hellobee Series: Parties part 13 of 161. DIY Smash Cake by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
2. DIY Felt Crown by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
3. DIY Personalized Crowns by Brittany @ The House That Lars Built
4. DIY Chalkboard Crown by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
5. DIY Magic Wand by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
6. DIY Wand by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
7. DIY Mini Party Tent by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
8. DIY Felt Birthday Bunting by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
9. DIY crepe paper fringe chandeliers by Caroline @ Armelle Blog
10. party tassel garland by Caroline @ Armelle Blog
11. Balloon Birthday Invitation by DIY
12. DIY Watercolor Invitations by Caroline @ Armelle Blog
13. DIY Animal Favor Boxes by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
14. Custom Print on Paper Bags by Caroline @ Armelle Blog
15. DIY Clown Cupcake Toppers by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
16. Lollipop Balloons by Brittany @ The House That Lars Built