Little people have many milestones worth celebrating besides birthdays. Why not throw a mini party in honor of learning to tie our shoes or finally being potty trained? We know mom is celebrating, right? For whatever reason, or for no reason whatsoever, grab a few rolls of crepe paper, a fancy cupcake and have a mini party.
You will need:
crepe paper streamers
Set out the table you want under the tent where you want it to be. Make sure you can tape on your ceilings. I tested mine previously with regular clear tape. Stand on a chair and measure the distance to the floor plus about a foot with a length of streamer. Double it and cut.
Each length of streamer should run up to the ceiling and back down to the floor. Add a bit extra length just in case. Use it to make a few lengths of each color streamer. Standing on your chair, tape the center of each streamer with a piece of tape to the ceiling. Line them up in rows about half an inch apart. Let the streamer ends drop down to each side of the play table.
Center your table under the center line of the streamers. Starting on one side, tape the streamer ends about 1 foot from the edge of the table. Don’t pull too tight, remember you only taped them to the ceiling. Think straight, not taut. I alternated twisting and not twisting to make them prettier. I love a good streamer! If you are on a rug or carpet, you can tape to the table or just let hang on each side. It was pretty cute before I taped them down. I added a few short pieces of streamers under the plates to spruce up the cupcakes and in a total of 15 minutes, I had a mini party.
Wouldn’t this be fun for birthday breakfasts, too? Do you celebrate mini milestones at your house? What do you do?
Hellobee Series: Parties part 7 of 161. DIY Smash Cake by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
2. DIY Felt Crown by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
3. DIY Personalized Crowns by Brittany @ The House That Lars Built
4. DIY Chalkboard Crown by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
5. DIY Magic Wand by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
6. DIY Wand by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
7. DIY Mini Party Tent by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
8. DIY Felt Birthday Bunting by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
9. DIY crepe paper fringe chandeliers by Caroline @ Armelle Blog
10. party tassel garland by Caroline @ Armelle Blog
11. Balloon Birthday Invitation by DIY
12. DIY Watercolor Invitations by Caroline @ Armelle Blog
13. DIY Animal Favor Boxes by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
14. Custom Print on Paper Bags by Caroline @ Armelle Blog
15. DIY Clown Cupcake Toppers by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
16. Lollipop Balloons by Brittany @ The House That Lars Built