I can’t tell you how many times I have been out and about with my children, and one of them falls and gets a little boo boo. I like to think I am always prepared, but sometimes I find myself without a bandaid or antibacterial ointment.
So, I decided to make a mini-first aid kit to keep in my bag at all times to ensure that I’ll be ready to the next “ouchie.” I love the simple red cross found on first aid kits, and decided to make a little mini-kit with a cross on the front.
You will need a few supplies:
2) Items for the kit: bandaids, gauze, neosporin, alcohol pads
3) exacto knife
4) cotton muslin bags (found on Amazon. I used 3×4 inch)
5) red fabric paint (found at a craft store)
6) print out of a cross as a template. (I used this font and printed it out for the template)
7) foam paint brush
8) freezer paper (found near the plastic wrap and foil section at the grocery store)
Place a small piece of paper inside the bag, and place the freezer paper stencil on the cotton muslin bag. On a medium heat iron. Iron the shiny side down onto the cotton bag. This will secure the stencil on the bag. Take a small portion of red fabric paint and paint in the red just a few coats.
by Caroline of Armelle Blog