My children are constantly asking me for snacks all day. So one day I decided to surprise them with a fun snack shaped as a turkey, in honor of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. They thought it was so cool, and "gobbled" it right up!
With a little imagination and effort, it isn't too hard to make a fun snack for the kids.
Dried Cherries or Cranberries
Mini Chocolate Chips
Small wooden Skewers
*Many of these ingredients can be substituted for what you have on hand! Feel free to get a little creative!
1) After you wash and dry all of the fruits and vegetables, slice the pear in half lengthwise.
2) Cut the baby carrot in half lengthwise.
3) Cut the bottom portion of the baby carrot almost like an arrow pointing up to create the look of turkey feet.
4) Place the pear onto the plate as the body of the turkey, then place the carrot feet below the pear.
5) Cut the apples into slices.
6) Place the grapes onto the skewers. Break off portions of the skewers to get the size you want, and place them around the turkey.
7) Arrange the apple slices around the pear for feathers. Using the end of a skewer, poke two holes for where the chocolate chip eyes will be placed. Place the chocolate chips for the turkey eyes.
8) Push the almond slice into the pear for the beak, then pull it back out, place the dried cherry into the hole you just created, then place the almond beak back into the pear.
And, there you have it! One cute and tasty turkey snack that your kids won't be able to keep their hands off of!
by Caroline of Armelle Blog
Fun Food part 4 of 41. Fancy Princess Lunch Plate by Wendy @ Wendolonia
2. School Bus Bento Box for Back to School by Wendy @ Wendolonia
3. Fancy Lunch Plate: Sunshine and Squirrel by Wendy @ Wendolonia
4. DIY "Turkey" Snack by Caroline @ Armelle Blog