I was recently reminded of something very exciting. Jello can be healthy. And not just in a lame “not that terrible sugar-free fat-free” way, but in an actual “makes you healthier” way. Gelatin is awesome for fighting colds, allergies and asthma as well as aiding digestion (you can read more here and here if you’re interested). There is lots of gelatin in good bone broth (like Mrs Bee showed you how to make), which is why chicken soup is good when you’re sick. A fun way to add more gelatin to your diet is making some homemade jello. It should be noted that gelatin is best eaten with other food, so these make a better dessert than snack!
- 1 cup unfiltered, organic apple juice (sometimes called cider). I used the juice we made over Thanksgiving. I think using a strong juice is important to them tasting like anything.
- 2 envelopes of Knox powdered gelatin.
- in a bowl, combine 1/2 cup of juice with the gelatin
- heat the other cup of juice and pour it hot over the gelatin juice.
- Stir until dissolved.
- pour into whatever you want and let it set in the fridge.
Also, Wonder Baby would like to say that she was also here, and as usual no one was paying any attention to her. Poor little girl.