I have found that my children love creating with the same simple materials I used as a child. From watercolors to play-dough, it doesn’t take much to keep them feeling inspired. As I was brainstorming holiday type crafts to do with my five and three year old, I fell back to some old standby supplies – pipe cleaners and jingle bells. Not only are these materials very inexpensive and readily available, they are easy for little hands to work with. We ended up making a few simple little jingle bell wreath ornaments in no time and they couldn’t have been more pleased with their handiwork.
To get started you’ll need to gather a few supplies:
-Silver tinsel pipe cleaners
Begin by having your little one string the jingle bells onto one pipe cleaner. This is a great opportunity to develop fine motor skills! It’s also a nice time to practice counting. Have them count aloud as they add the bells.
We added 14 bells to our ornaments but you can more or less depending on the size you’d like your finished wreath to be. When you have added all of your bells, twist the pipe cleaners to connect them at the top.
Create a bow with a second pipe cleaner.
Attach the bow to the top of the jingle bell wreath by simply twisting the pipe cleaners together. Next, secure the top by twisting as well.
Your children will surely love making this jingle bell wreath ornament to hang on the tree, give as a gift, or attach to a package.
Christmas Posts part 9 of 191. 19 Holiday Kids' Crafts by Mrs. Bee
2. Holiday Gift Tags by printables
3. Watercolor Gift Tags by printables
4. Baby's First Holiday Ornament Roundup by Mrs. Marbles
5. Counting Down to Christmas - Book Advent Calendar by Mrs. Paintbrush
6. DIY Holly & Berry Balloon Garland by Brittany @ The House That Lars Built
7. 18 Child Friendly Christmas Tree Alternatives by Mrs. Bee
8. DIY Artwork Gift Tags by Caroline @ Armelle Blog
9. DIY Jingle Bell Ornament by Danyelle @ Dandee Designs
10. DIY Modern Christmas Tree Art by Caroline @ Armelle Blog
11. 42 Inspirational and Creative Ways to Wrap Gifts by Mrs. Bee
12. DIY Paper Houses by Oana Befort
13. Holiday Traditions by Swarm
14. Low/No Waste, Toddler-Proof Christmas DIYs by Mrs. Sketchbook
15. DIY Advent or Waldorf Birthday Ring by Mrs. Sketchbook
16. DIY Cinnamon Ornaments by Mrs. Palette
17. Be present not perfect: my new mantra for the holiday season by Mrs. Train
18. Santa is real in our house by Mrs. Train
19. Wreaths Across America by Mrs. Train