The Hellobee boards inspired this post! Last summer I was on the prowl for a postpartum friendly suit that would hide the extra 20 lbs I was still carrying 4 months postpartum. It was a really emotional process. I knew I wanted a one piece, something that had ruching and was cute. This year I’m more prepared going into it – I know what to look for and what looks good now. I may have lost all the baby weight, but I still need to hide the loose skin on my stomach, newly acquired love handles and “lovely” stretch marks. Here is a round up of some great swimsuits that are mama friendly!
1. Modcloth Sailorette Swimsuit – Definitely a more daring option for those feeling adventurous, but this suit with its retro high-rise bottoms has vintage appeal while covering up stretch marks and loose skin.
2. Athleta One-Piece – Athleta is a really high-quality brand. What I love about their swimwear is that it’s designed for sports, so it provides a lot of support and the use of quality materials. After having a baby and buying a swimsuit last year, I realized that chest support was vital – and my swimsuit didn’t have that so it always felt off. I love that Athleta sizes by cup size.
3. Divinita Sole – All of these swimsuits are gorgeous, colorful and offer plenty of coverage. One thing that really sets this brand apart is that they offer style and fit guides based on your body shape. If you are pear shaped for example, they reference the swimsuits that would best complement your shape.
4. J. Crew Off-the-shoulder - I love how elegant this suit looks with its draped one-shoulder effect. It’s ruched all the way down to hide the stomach and love handles.
5. Albion – This one is thanks to @BabyJMama and her thread about mom-friendly bathing suits! This site has so many adorable options, specially designed for women no matter their size. I think the designers even had post-partum mama’s in mind!
6. Lands End – This is where I bought my ruched tankini and high-rise bottoms last summer and I love them! I felt great even though I was carrying an extra 20 lbs.
7. Miraclesuit – Albeit expensive, I’ve heard only glowing reviews about how amazing this brand is. Lots of ruching and great bust support – it’s a new mom’s dream suit!
8. VS Retro One-Piece – This is a suit I debated getting last summer – I love that it has the option to be a halter or strapless, it has ruching all the way down in the front and back and is a little longer to hide any cellulite or stretch marks on the butt and upper thighs – win!
Do you have a swimsuit you love for your new mama-body?