I love those magazines that show the contents of famous women’s purses! Unfortunately for all of us, I’m not famous. Still, I think it is fun to share what we lug around on a daily basis!
I tend either to forget or elect not to bring a diaper bag with me for most outings. So most of the necessities live in my purse all the time!
1) Purse: This is not my pattern (which is discontinued), but it is cute, no? This is big enough for all the essentials and then some.
2) 1 extra disposable diaper
3) Hand Sanitizer. These seem to multiply in my house, like rabbits or glitter. I have a million!
4) Expo Marker. I use these at work. My class starts at night when I can’t access the supply closet. If I don’t have one on hand, I have to go into all the classrooms until I find an extra laying around!
5) Hinge Wallet from Target. Mine is plaid from two winters ago. I need to upgrade! This one is nice and spring-y.
6) Aztec-Inspired Fauxfarers. Again from Target. These are similar. Sunglasses make every day happier!
7) Bulb Sucker: How did this get in here?
8) Diaper cream sample. I cribbed it from a baby coupon mailer!
9) Makeup Bag. I never have time to put my makeup on before I leave the house. I usually bring it with me and put it on in the car if I’m not the driver, or put it on in the parking lot of my destination. My assortment of odd-and-ends drugstore cosmetics resides in the bag that came with Victoria Secret’s Christmas 2012 gift set.
10) Board Book. I like to keep one board book in my purse for Scribble to play with when we are out and his regular carseat toy isn’t doing the trick anymore. Mine is a tiny, toteable one from Peaceable Kingdom Press. My grandmother found it at a thrift store. These are unavailable now, but any small, chunky board book works!
11) Diaper Pad: This isn’t in my purse, but it usually goes out with us. This is the ultimate diaper changing accessory! It has room for dipes, wipes, and extra baggies. It snaps shut so you could probably smash an extra outfit or a blanket in there if you need to…I know I have! This stays in the car while me, purse, and Scribble go have adventures. We have a hatchback, so I usually opt to change Scribble in the car rather than use a public bathroom.
12) Nuk Orthostar Pacifier. Scribble hasn’t taken a pacifier in about a month, but I still keep one in my purse as a magic talisman in hopes of warding off a breakdown. For some reason I was very image-conscious about his pacifier! These are the cutest for boys at my local store.
13) Breast Pad. I haven’t used one in a few month now, but you never know….!
14) Lip Gloss. At the moment, GAP Tropical Twist, outlet-shopping impulse buy. But usually Carmex.
15) Carseat Toy: I select one special toy to use in the carseat (it is usually Scribble’s favorite) so that it feels novel and special. This blanket bear teether is our current pick. This, along with a blanket, sits in Scribble’s carseat awaiting our next trip. I give it to him as soon as we’re buckled up!
16) Pink Antihistamine Tablets. Probably leftover from some weekend away, but good to keep around this time of the year! As soon as I take these out of my purse, I’ll need them again!
What is in your diaper bag/purse? Anything I am missing?