When planning Miss H’s Halloween costume for this year, I didn’t want to get myself in too deep with spending a lot of time crafting a costume, or spending a lot of money purchasing a costume she’d only wear once. For a very short amount of time. At around 18 months old, I still feel that she’s a little too young for Halloween. We are not going to take her trick-or-treating, and if it ends up being cold out we probably will not spend much time at the Halloween parade in our neighborhood the weekend before.
So, essentially, the costume this year (like last year) is for us to take cute pictures of Miss H all dressed up and enjoy that time together as a family. Which means make it simple out of rewearable/reusable components!
I’m keeping her costume under wraps for the moment, but I thought I would share a super simple costume idea that I had considered for Miss H – Olivia the Pig!
To get this look…
…is not very hard! And if you’ve ever read an Olivia book, you know that she likes to try on lots out outfits, so you have endless opportunities to combine red, black and white clothing for your little piggy. And, after Halloween the items of clothing simply get put back into your child’s closet for everyday wear.
Here’s my roundup of an Olivia costume, although I’ve opted for charcoal and white for a little less contrast, but I think it would give the same “Olivia effect!”
Halloween Posts part 10 of 171. 10 Halloween Books for Pre-schoolers That Aren't Scary by Mrs. Chocolate
2. My favorite Halloween books for kids by Mrs. Train
3. 28 Halloween Crafts for Kids by Mrs. Chocolate
4. 20 Easy Halloween Snacks for Preschoolers by mrs. tictactoe
5. DIY Festive Sweet and Salty Holiday Treats by Caroline @ Armelle Blog
6. 40 Cute Halloween Costumes for Kids by Mrs. Bee
7. A Legacy of Homemade Costumes by Mrs. Train
8. Semi-Homemade Halloween Costumes by mrs. tictactoe
9. DIY Halloween Pillowcase by Mrs. Paintbrush
10. Easy & Rewearable Halloween Costume - Olivia the Pig by Mrs. Hopscotch
11. mini halloween party + free labels by Mrs. Jump Rope
12. DIY Mini Spooky Wreath by Jennifer @ Ambrosia Creative
13. DIY Monster Plants by Jennifer @ Ambrosia Creative
14. DIY Halloween Treat Bag by Danyelle @ Dandee Designs
15. DIY Halloween Ghost Garland by Kaley Ann
16. DIY Salad Spinner Spider Web Art by Caroline @ Armelle Blog
17. DIY Natural Face Paint by Victoria @ A Subtle Revelry