I’ve been starting to love makeup more and more these days, and have been interested in learning more about other products (particularly those shared here by the other bloggers)! I like to “wake up” my face with some makeup every day, and there is a hardly a day where I go without it.
Since I don’t have much time in the mornings (I try to have myself and Toddler Checkers ready and out the door by 7 AM), I like to keep my makeup routine quick and easy. I think I’ve found my staple items, and am pretty happy with these products right now.
1. Neutrogena Daily Moisturizer – After I’ve splashed my face with some water in the mornings, the first thing I apply to my face is moisturizer. Neutrogena is affordable and tends to get the job done!
2. Sonia Kashuk Brushes – I primarily use their blusher and eye brow brushes. They’re long-lasting and have worked very well for me, and I love that they are available at Target!
3. Nars Single Eye Shadow – I always get this in Bali (neutral taupe) and I actually use this as a BROW powder, not as an eye shadow. I’ve used brow pencils and creams, and this has actually looked the most natural on my brows. I also love the color!
4. Nars Blush - I think Orgasm is their most popular color and it just happens to be my favorite too. I’ve tried Sin and Super Orgasm, which are okay from time to time, but Orgasm is the best I think for everyday wear on my skin tone.
5. Nars Soft Touch Shadow Pencil – I recently discovered this product after using a similar one by Stila. I like glide-on, creamy eye shadows vs. powder shadows because I feel like they have longer staying power. I like Hollywoodland (pale gold) for work or day-time just for a little shimmer, and I like Aigle Noir (black infused with gold shimmer) for a more smokey eye.
6. Sephora Retractable Waterproof Eye Liner – This goes on smoothly and stays on all day! I could never get a clean look with liquid eye liner (maybe my hands are just too shaky), and so I’ve been using pencil for as along as I can remember, but I love a pencil I don’t have to sharpen.
7. Dior Addict Lip Glow – This is another recent find, and may be one of my favorite makeup products at the moment. This “lip glow” looks like a lipstick, and it is a “sheer balm that enhances your natural lip color.” I get a nice rosy pink tint that is very natural (I actually hate wearing lipstick), and I love it! This is great if you want to just brighten up your lips without having to put on any lipstick.
What are some of your favorite makeup products?