Liam got lots of great gifts for his birthday this year. While we love everything he received, these are some of our favorite gifts for our two year old.
1. Remote Control Dump Truck – Liam loves any and all trucks, but this one is especially cool. It is remote control, but tough enough for a two year old and it seems like a great toy to build up his hand eye coordination. He loves playing with it and so do we!
2. Wheelbarrow – Above all else, Liam loves to play outside. He loves watering the garden with the watering can, putting leaves in the wheelbarrow, and using the little rake. I know this will get so much use this summer!
3. Beginner Pattern Blocks – I saw this on Mrs. Pen’s post and added it to Liam’s wish list right away. Luckily, Liam’s great aunt remembered the wish list from Christmas and got it for him for his birthday. He loves fitting the shapes into the spaces in the puzzles and now knows what a triangle is!
4. Steam Train, Dream Train – Liam’s other great aunt got him Goodnight Goodnight Construction Site for Christmas and this book for his birthday. He loves them both, but this one has become a big part of his nighttime routine. He now lays his train down on its side on his train table to put it to bed before he goes to bed and I know it’s because of this book and how we talk about the train going to sleep.
5. Basic Tees – Liam got an Old Navy gift card for his birthday and, since he can fit in most of his shorts from last year (no more diapers mean there’s much less junk in his trunk), I decided to use it to stock up on some basic tees. He can wear these layered under button down shirts or alone with shorts or overalls.
6. Farm See and Say – This is not something I would ever pick out, but Liam loves it. He loves the EIEIO song and wants me to help him play it over and over. He dances to the music and tries to mimic the animal sounds, too!
7. Fisher Price Changeable Picture Camera – Liam loves pretending to take pictures, so this was the perfect gift for him. I can tell he will get a lot of use out of it because right now, he doesn’t really understand the concept of looking through the viewfinder at the images on the interchangeable disks, but he still loves to pretend to take pictures of himself, the dogs, or his parents. Once he figures out that the picture changes with each click, he will love it even more!
Toys for 2 Year Olds part 1 of 101. Our favorite gifts for a two year old by mrs. tictactoe
2. Toy Gifts <$25 for Ages 1, 2, and 3! by Mrs. High Heels
3. Gifts for Two Year Olds by Mrs. Pen
4. Toys, toys, toys by Mrs. Confetti
5. Magnatabs: Perfect Toddler Toys by Mrs. Hopscotch
6. Review: Water Wow Coloring Books by Mrs. Bee
7. My best toy investments for my active toddler by Mrs. Palette
8. Awesome Bath Toys for Toddlers by Mrs. Superhero
9. The Bees' Holiday Gift Guide for Babies - Preschoolers by Guides
10. Charlie's Favorite Toys 18 Months+ by Guides