I started planning Chloe’s nursery very early in my pregnancy, and started buying things the week we found out it was a girl. This time around, we are taking our time. I’m almost to the half-way point in this pregnancy and am starting to put more thought into Baby 2.0’s nursery. In order to transform this space into a nursery, we have to move my studio into our basement. It’s a lot more project than we thought it would be. Our basement has been my husband’s Man Cave for the last five years and it’s accumulated five years worth of junk and dust. We are also going to be putting new flooring into all three of our bedrooms, which is another spring household project that needs to be completed before we can officially plan the nursery.
We painted the nursery a lovely grey when we first bought our house (Stonecastle by Benjamin Moore that we had color-matched by Sherwin Williams), and will have medium brown flooring that matches the existing flooring in the rest of our house. Our plan is to include grey, ballet pink, coral, aqua and navy into the room. I might sneak pops of gold in, too!
1. Ruffle Curtains – I lust over everything Anthro, then faint when I see the price. I’ll be on the hunt for something similar in a much lower price range!
2. Flamingo Print – When I saw this print, I knew I had to have it and wanted to incorporate it into a girl’s nursery.
3. Zebra Print – I love this print!
4. Hippo Print – A hippo on a unicycle? Sold.
5. Plush Elephant – Because how do you not have something this adorable in your nursery?
6. Lightweight Blanket -We are having a summer baby this time, so I’d like to get some lightweight blankets.
7. Gilded Blocks – These were my splurge item in Chloe’s nursery, and I’d love to buy matching blocks for the new baby’s room.
8. Crib Bedding – I love navy paired with Coral and this crib sheets from BabyBedding.com are gorgeous. We bought Chloe’s sheets from them, too, and they’ve held up wonderfully over the last two+ years!
9. Area Rug – An area rug is a must-have in the nursery since it has wood floors now.
10. Sweet Dreams – A personalized vintage wood sign from Layla Grace that’s no longer available.
11. Floor Lamp – We don’t have overhead lighting in any of our bedrooms, so a bright and colorful lamp is a must. I like the idea of a floor lamp.
12. Decorative Wall Hooks – These caught my attention partially because I love the shape, but mostly because I couldn’t believe they came in my exact nursery colors!
13. Crib Mobile – The colors match my scheme perfectly, but I would definitely want to get something that is motorized!