Sometimes I just want to eat a giant bowl of ice cream, but, if I did this all the time, I would have some serious health problems. But I do believe in treating myself sometimes, and some of my favorite things are definitely not healthy. But they are delicious…
- Chloe’s Pops: Ok, so these aren’t actually even that guilt inducing, but they are so delicious! They are only 60 calories and don’t have fake sugar added. I was craving a fudgecicle not too long ago and Mr. Cereal found these for me. I am hooked. There are a ton of different flavors and they are all really good!
- Jello Temptations Cups: I have been hiding these in the back of my fridge for the past few months and they are awesome. I’ve mostly been sticking to the lemon meringue flavor, but the rest are great too. They are the perfect size to satisfy my craving, but they don’t cost me too many calories.
- Hershey’s Gold: You guys. These are ridiculously good! I am kind of a chocolate snob so Hershey’s is not usually a brand I frequent. But this gold bar is so delicious. It is smooth and crunchy and addictive. Mr. Cereal brought this home to me and I have been hooked ever since.
- Nectar Creek Mead: I’ve posted before about Mr. Cereal being a brewer. We try a lot of different varieties of beer and ciders, and I am personally a huge fan of mead. Mead is made from honey and it is such an interesting product. I love being able to sip on a glass of refreshing mead in the evenings. I highly recommend trying a local variety if you get a chance because the flavors of mead change based on the honey, which is different depending on your region and location.
- Tillamook Ice Cream Sandwiches: These are the most delightful ice cream sandwiches I have ever had. The flavors are awesome, and they are the perfect size so you get the cravings covered and aren’t trying to finish a huge sandwich. My favorite flavor is chocolate hazelnut.
- Oreo Thins: I am one of those weird people that prefer the cookie part of the oreo over the cream filling. The thins are perfect because the ratio of cookie to filling is just right. The best part of these is that I can eat more of them than traditional oreos.
- Chocolove Chocolate Bars: I adore these chocolate bars. They are all so good, and there are so many flavor varieties! My absolute favorite is the almond and toffee one, which is addictive. There are some interesting combos like dark chocolate with chili’s that is so interesting! They have standard size bars, 1.5 ounce bars, and chocolate cups as well.
- Noosa Yoghurt: I’m typically not a huge yogurt fan, but these are basically loose ice cream. There are some really great flavors (think strawberry rhubarb) and I can eat an entire container in one sitting. My kids refer to it as mommy’s special yogurt and they love it just as much as I do!
I love sweets as you can see, but I also crave some savory guilty pleasures as well:
- Triple Cream Brie Cheese: Ok, so this stuff is probably my favorite food on earth. It is creamy and buttery and just so amazing! We like to do meat and cheese nights on occasion, and this is a must for me.
- Volpi Snacks: I always have these on hand because, even though they are a guilty pleasure for me, they aren’t too bad for me and they are a great protein boost.
- Trader Joes Poutine: I am a sucker for poutine. I order it frequently when we go out to dinner and I was thrilled to see it in Trader Joe’s on one of my shopping trips. This makes it so easy to make, and it is also really really good. Even my kids will eat this, which is a shock because it has gravy, which is a big no-no for them.
- Lox: I am obsessed with lox. I could really eat it every single day if I could afford it. This was one of the foods that I missed the most during both of my pregnancies and one of the first things I asked for once I had delivered. There is nothing more satisfying to me than a toasted bagel with whipped cream cheese, lox, and capers. I’m drooling just thinking about it now.
I always love to hear about what other people’s guilty foods are and why. Tell me about your favorite sweets, your favorite beverages, and your favorite savory items!