1. Teethers. I mentioned she likes chewing on her books, but her favorite teething toy is the Nuby Bug a Loop Teether Beads. The beads have different textures and it’s easy for her to hold on to. We haven’t seen a tooth pop through yet, but we take these bugs wherever we go.
2. Bibs! Oh my goodness, we go through so many bibs throughout the day. Between the copious amounts of drool, the feedings and the inevitable spit-ups, I feel like I’m constantly putting a new bib on our little one. My favorites are the Carter’s Waterproof Teething Bibs.
3. Bottles. We use 5-6 bottles a day and I wash them all each evening, then run them through the dishwasher. Even though the extra parts can be a pain to clean, we love our Dr. Browns Natural Flow 8-oz bottles. The nipples never collapse while Baby Markers is eating and we’ve never had issues with gas or fussiness, even after introducing formula.
4. Board books. Baby Markers loves her books, both for mom and dad to read to her but also to chew on. Sandra Boynton’s board books are currently our favorites.
5. Activity Jumper. At 6 months, Baby Markers’ attention span is getting shorter and shorter! I feel like we move through “stations” during the day to keep her entertained. She loves the Baby Einstein jumper, especially that it plays music!
6. ErgoBaby. When we run errands, especially to the grocery store, Baby Markers gets sick of the car seat pretty quickly. I’ve found that she’ll stay content in the Ergo for much longer – so now this is our go-to for all of our errands. She’s my little helper!
7. Sleep sacks. Baby Markers ditched the swaddle at 3 months and has been in a sleep sack ever since. It is one of our bedtime must-haves for sure! We have the thicker Aden + Anais sacks for colder months.
8. High Chair. We’ve slowly started to introduce solids (just banana and avocado so far) but the high chair is a definite necessity. I also put Baby Markers in there while I’m cooking dinner so she can watch me while she plays with her toys.
What are your essentials for a 6-month old?