For those who are still following along, you know that we are still in the early stages of our oral immunotherapy treatment. So far we have not seen any reactions to the foods we’ve been assigned (pine nuts and chickpeas). We are still in the “prepping” stages to get her body strong and “ready for battle”. However, I know I will get increasingly nervous as we move into her more serious allergens.
After our second “two day” appointment, we were left with a detailed plan of care. Going forward, this was what was expected from us at home:
- Daily dosing of allergy medications – 5 mg of Xyzal, and Flonase.
- Eat 3-5x per week – 1 apple, 1 pear, 1 stone fruit, 1/2 tsp wheat germ, and 1/4 tsp tahini sauce.
- Daily maintenance food – pine nuts (2o) << this will change with each appointment
- Daily treatment food – none yet << this will be added in subsequent appointments, but we’re not there yet.
This is a breakdown of Lil’ Miss Louboutin’s plan as we move forward:
- Pine nut challenge (6 g) – in-office – done
- Visit 1 – Chickpea challenge – in-office – done (and we’ve been continuing to dose both pine nuts and chickpeas daily at home until our next in office challenge, which is coming up soon)
- Visit 2 – Brazil nut challenge
- Visit 3 – Dosing for Almonds
- Visit 4 – Dosing for Hazelnut
- Visit 5 – Dosing for Soy
- Visit 6 – Dosing for Coconut
- Visit 7 – Dosing for Pecan
- Visit 8 – Dosing for Walnut
- Visit 9 – Dosing for Macadamia
- Visit 10 – Dosing for Pistachio
- Visit 11 – Dosing for Cashew
- Visit 12 – Dosing for Peanut (80 mg)
- Visit 13 – Dosing for Peanut (400 mg)
- Visit 14 – Dosing for Peanut (2 g)
- Visit 15 – Dosing for Peanut (10 g)