There is so much to talk about, but the most important thing is that papers are signed and our family is officially one person richer with the addition of Jack Jack.
I’d like to introduce Magnolia Mae “Maisie” to Hellobee!
She was born on 2/21/12 weighing 6 lbs 15 oz. She officially became a member of our family 2/22/12 at 11:30 am. Everyone in the adoption triad is doing well!
You might remember the naming puzzle I posed to you a couple of weeks ago. Our requirements were:
- Magnolia peaked at a popularity of #600 in the social security roles in the 1910′s
- Nicknames include Maggie, Maggie Mae, Maisie, Nola, Nolie… The list goes on and on!
- Magnolia ends in the “ah” sound.
- Magnolia matches the name Cecilia but doesn’t match too closely. For example, we loved Aurelia and Amelia, but they were too close to Cecilia. We wondered if Magnolia was too close too, but ultimately decided that if we’re mostly using a nickname, it’ll be just fine!
- Magnolia is not in the top 200 names now and hasn’t been in the recent past.
- Magnolia has two songs associated with the name – one is “Maggie May” by Rod Stewart… but the other song that we just love is “Sugar Magnolia” by the Grateful Dead.
I also want to give a huge shout out to Rachel who zeroed in on Magnolia right away in my original blog post! The overwhelming support for it from all the Hellobees really helped give Mr. Jacks and I the confidence to use a big name that we adored!
Mr. Jacks is at the hospital tonight with the camera while I’m at home with Little Jacks, so I apologize for the quality of the images I have right now. The first night, I stayed in the hospital and Mr. Jacks was home.
We are over the moon with excitement right now!