Mr. H and I had not had professional pictures taken of us since our wedding 2 1/2 years ago. For some people, this wouldn’t be a long stretch of time, but photography is a huge aspect of our lives. Mr. H is a photographer and so many of our friends are photographers. Access to great photography is not an issue for us, but we just always put off getting new pictures taken! So, we jumped at the chance to do a shoot with our friends Cathy and David.
Chicago has had some super crazy (and absolutely awesome!) weather this winter, so we were actually able to do this session in mid-January without coats on! Granted, we were very chilly by the end of the hour-long session, but it definitely wasn’t our typical January weather. I was 25 weeks pregnant (almost 26) at this point so my bump wasn’t incredibly big, but we plan on doing another session in early April to capture an even bigger belly!
All photos credited to Cathy and David Photographers.
Mr. H is used to being behind the camera shooting and I generally hate having my picture taken, so it was a weird transition to be on the other side of the lens! I definitely felt awkward at first, but we ended up having so much fun.
I do wish that I had been able to wear a more form-fitting outfit, but I had to fit the shoot into the middle of my work day, so it was either boring work pants or leggings (no jeans at work!). Most of what I wear with leggings at the office is a belted sweater of some sort, so I was stuck with this silhouette. We also decided to do the session at the very last minute, so there was no time to pick up a new outfit. Fortunately I think by the time we do our next session my bump will be quite large and all of my clothes will be very form fitting!
I love that we were able to capture such a special time in our lives. I can’t believe that in just a few short months, we’ll be able to do a family session with the three of us!
Mrs. Hopscotch’s Photoshoots part 2 of 51. Bump Photos: Weeks 7-27 by Mrs. Hopscotch
2. 25-Week Maternity Photo Shoot by Mrs. Hopscotch
3. Bump Photos: Weeks 28-36 by Mrs. Hopscotch
4. 37-Week Maternity Photo Shoot by Mrs. Hopscotch
5. Hopscotch Family Photos! by Mrs. Hopscotch
Maternity Shoots part 4 of 91. Maternity Pictures with Punam Bean by Mrs. Bee
2. Maternity Pictures with Jen Huang by Mrs. Bee
3. Capturing this Moment: Maternity Shots, for Better or Worse by Mrs. Blue
4. 25-Week Maternity Photo Shoot by Mrs. Hopscotch
5. 37-Week Maternity Photo Shoot by Mrs. Hopscotch
6. Maternity Shoot by Mrs. Sunglasses
7. Maternity Style by Photoshoots
8. Non-Maternity Maternity Photos by Mrs. Markers
9. Family Photos by Mrs. Chocolate