When I was pregnant with Mavrick, I didn’t opt to take any maternity shots. I considered it, but when it was time to actually go for it, I started having stretch marks on my bump so belly shots were out of the question. One thing lead to another and it just didn’t happen. Then I got pregnant with Sienna and I knew I wanted some bump shots, but covered. I figured it would be great for her to have something her brother didn’t. A second pregnancy isn’t like a first — we don’t have time to remember all the little milestones — so capturing my bump seemed so much more important this time around.
My friend and oh-so talented photographer Christina Esteban offered to take pictures of Sienna in womb. Here are just a few of my favorite shots. I was about 38 weeks here, I was ready to pop. I can’t believe it’s been over two months already!
My original plan was to wear a dress, but the weather didn’t permit it. It was the month of May, but it was cold, wet and there was fog. Even my hair ended up having a life of its own. Regardless, I love how the pictures came out.
Did you take maternity pictures? Like me, if you didn’t the first time around, will you consider it for the second?
Images : Christina Esteban
Maternity Shoots part 6 of 91. Maternity Pictures with Punam Bean by Mrs. Bee
2. Maternity Pictures with Jen Huang by Mrs. Bee
3. Capturing this Moment: Maternity Shots, for Better or Worse by Mrs. Blue
4. 25-Week Maternity Photo Shoot by Mrs. Hopscotch
5. 37-Week Maternity Photo Shoot by Mrs. Hopscotch
6. Maternity Shoot by Mrs. Sunglasses
7. Maternity Style by Photoshoots
8. Non-Maternity Maternity Photos by Mrs. Markers
9. Family Photos by Mrs. Chocolate