Mornings have become very hectic for us lately trying to get two kids clean, dressed, fed, and out the door for school. They are both sleeping in a lot later due to the cold, shorter days, and I hate waking Charlie up until the last minute because he really needs the sleep. That means we’re always rushed and some days the kids have to eat breakfast on the way to school, so I’ve decided to freeze more breakfasts for those super busy mornings.
Here are 10 ideas for easy and tasty make ahead freezer breakfasts!
1) Breakfast Burritos – Sarah recently shared a delicious recipe for freezer breakfast burritos. Burritos are one of my favorite foods, and I love that you can customize it exactly the way you want. I personally like eggs, breakfast sausage, cheese, bell peppers, and onions, topped off with some fresh cilantro!
2) Quesadilla – Similar to a breakfast burrito but flatter!
3) Breakfast Sandwiches – I get excited when I go to McDonald’s and they’re still serving their breakfast menu. Who doesn’t love a breakfast sandwich? And who knew they freeze so well? Just pop them in the microwave and you’re set. You could also make this with croissants!
4) Green Smoothies – Green smoothies are a staple in our house. Our whole family loves them and we make them a couple times a week, but really we should make them every day! It’s so easy to freeze individual portions into ziploc bags so that all you need to add is the liquid and then blend! We usually put in flax milk or coconut milk, 2 kinds of fruit, kale or spinach, chia seeds and hemp seeds, and ice really takes it to the next level. I resisted buying a Vitamix for years because they were so pricey, but Mr. Bee got me one for my birthday last year and it transformed our previously chunky, thick smoothies into ice cold blended drinks like those from Jamba Juice!
5) French Toast Sticks – I used to make these in big batches all the time. I love that you can bake them. They freeze beautifully, and you can reheat them quickly in the toaster or toaster oven. You can even sneak in veggies by blending in some pumpkin or squash into the batter — they’ll never know!
6) Pancakes – Pancakes and waffles also freeze great. This is my favorite gluten-free pancake mix, but any mix will do! Some pancake recipes featured on Hellobee in the past include Zucchini Sweet Potato Pancakes, Two Ingredient Pancakes, Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes, Oatmeal Flax and Pumpkin Pancakes, and Banana Bites.
7) Muffins – Basically bread based foods freeze well! Here are some tips on how to freeze and reheat muffins. Muffin recipes featured on Hellobee include Gluten-Free Spinach Muffins, Veggie Mini Muffins, Whole Wheat Honey Carrot Muffins and Banana Oat Mini Muffins.
8) Egg muffins/Mini Fritattas – These are Paleo, easy to make and easy to customize with your choice of ingredients — no bread needed!
10) Pop tarts – You can make your own healthy pop tarts. Reheat them in the microwave or toaster oven and you have a quick, easy breakfast your kids are sure to love!
11) Overnight Oatmeal – This isn’t a freezer recipe, but it’s so awesome that I had to throw it in there as a bonus! You can make oatmeal in your refrigerator overnight so it’s ready to eat in the morning! Mrs. Hopscotch made a superfood version here!
. . . . .
There you have it — 11 delicious make ahead breakfasts! Let us know if you have any great freezer breakfast recipes to share!