When I was pregnant with Charlie, I put off buying maternity clothes for as long as possible because I didn't want to spend money on clothes I was going to wear for such a short time. I was able to get by just wearing loose dresses all summer. Then came fall and I found myself in dire need of clothes that fit! In retrospect, I should have bought at least a couple of key pieces sooner to get the most wear out of them, especially since I could have saved them for my second pregnancy.
Fabulous pieces from the new Hatch Collection maternity line.
To help you get a kickstart on planning your maternity wardrobe, we've compiled links to some of the best places to buy maternity clothes below!
I've shopped at most of these stores throughout my pregnancies with Charlie and Olive. Gap, Old Navy and Target are great for basics, and Loft is great for affordable work attire. Asos and Topshop are a little slow when it comes to shipping, but they usually have a nice selection of dresses. Isabella Oliver, Rosie Pope and Hatch are all a bit higher end, but they carry pretty dresses for special occasions. You can find great deals at Destination Maternity and Motherhood Maternity, sister sites that also carry the A Pea in the Pod line. Ingrid and Isabel created the famous belly band which allow you to wear your regular pants longer. Zappos actually has a pretty big selection of maternity wear, and of course they have one of the best shipping and returns policy around. Belly Dance Maternity is a cute little boutique that I used to frequent that carries a variety of popular maternity lines.
Where were your favorite places to buy maternity clothes? Are there any stores you think we should add to this list?
Where to Shop part 2 of 31. Daily Deal Sites by Guides
2. Maternity Clothing Stores by Guides
3. Mini Style by Mrs. Bee
Maternity Style part 1 of 91. Maternity Clothing Stores by Guides
2. Affordable Stylish Maternity To Get You Through Fall by Brandy @ Heart & Habit
3. 5 Summer Non-Maternity, Maternity Items by Brandy @ Heart & Habit
4. Maternity Work Wardrobe: What's Worth It by Mrs. Tricycle
5. DIY Maternity: Adding An Empire Waist by Mrs. Tricycle
6. The Awkward Bump: Dressing My Spare Tire by Mrs. Tricycle
7. Favorite Maternity Clothes by Mrs. Hopscotch
8. Maternity Must-Haves by mrs. tictactoe
9. Maternity Clothing Essentials by Guides