I recently threw a fox inspired birthday party for my little Thomas’ first birthday.
I love to put together fun party favors for the kids. I found some darling goodie bags at a local party store, and thought it would be very easy to make them at home. It would also be easy to be able to customize your party bags any way you like!
First, you’ll need to gather a few supplies/prepare a few things:
Paper Bags (white found here and kraft bags found here)
Ink Jet Printer
Computer with a word processing program (like Word)
Download the free Budmo Jiggler font from dafont.com for font shown on the bags.
Gather the paper bags, and measure the bag.
Open a word processing program on your computer (photoshop works too)
Go to File>Page Setup> and set up a custom page based on the dimensions of your paper bag, then type what you would like on your bag in the font of your choice.
When you have your words set up where you like, go to File>Print>Printer Properties> and adjust the media type, or type of paper to a thicker paper. This will help it run through your print slower.
Go ahead and run it through your printer. For an ink jet, be sure to place the bottom of your bag first. There can be some trial and error, and there may be some paper jams, but it should work.
(*Tips: If your paper bag is too thin, try placing a piece of card stock or paper inside. Also, for a lunch bag, be sure to tap the folded flap shut so it can run through the printer without jamming. It may wrinkle the bag slightly. I found the thicker kraft bags to work best.)
And, there you have it! Your own custom favor bags!
Fill with goodies for your party guests!
You can customize your paper bag with anything you would like on the front! They would make some pretty special sack lunches too. The options are endless!
by: Caroline of Armelle Blog
Parties part 14 of 161. DIY Smash Cake by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
2. DIY Felt Crown by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
3. DIY Personalized Crowns by Brittany @ The House That Lars Built
4. DIY Chalkboard Crown by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
5. DIY Magic Wand by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
6. DIY Wand by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
7. DIY Mini Party Tent by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
8. DIY Felt Birthday Bunting by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
9. DIY crepe paper fringe chandeliers by Caroline @ Armelle Blog
10. party tassel garland by Caroline @ Armelle Blog
11. Balloon Birthday Invitation by DIY
12. DIY Watercolor Invitations by Caroline @ Armelle Blog
13. DIY Animal Favor Boxes by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
14. Custom Print on Paper Bags by Caroline @ Armelle Blog
15. DIY Clown Cupcake Toppers by Jenny @ Hank+Hunt
16. Lollipop Balloons by Brittany @ The House That Lars Built